Guidelines for Writing a Case Study Analysis
A case study analysis requires you to investigate a business problem, examine the alternative solutions, and propose the most effective solution using supporting evidence. To see an annotated sample of a Case Study Analysis, click here.
Preparing the Case
Before you begin writing, follow these guidelines to help you prepare and understand the case study:
- Read and examine the case thoroughly
- Take notes, highlight relevant facts, underline key problems.
- Focus your analysis
- Identify two to five key problems
- Why do they exist?
- How do they impact the organization?
- Who is responsible for them?
- Uncover possible solutions
- Review course readings, discussions, outside research, your experience.
- Select the best solution
- Consider strong supporting evidence, pros, and cons: is this solution realistic?
Drafting the Case
Once you have gathered the necessary information, a draft of your analysis should include these sections:
- Identify the key problems and issues in the case study.
- Formulate and include a thesis statement, summarizing the outcome of your analysis in 1–2 sentences.
- Set the scene: background information, relevant facts, and the most important issues.
- Demonstrate that you have researched the problems in this case study.
- Outline possible alternatives (not necessarily all of them)
- Explain why alternatives were rejected
- Why are alternatives not possible at this time?
- Proposed Solution
- Provide one specific and realistic solution
- Explain why this solution was chosen
- Support this solution with solid evidence
- Concepts from class (text readings, discussions, lectures)
- Outside research
- Personal experience (anecdotes)
- Determine and discuss specific strategies for accomplishing the proposed solution.
- If applicable, recommend further action to resolve some of the issues
- What should be done and who should do it?
Finalizing the Case
After you have composed the first draft of your case study analysis, read through it to check for any gaps or inconsistencies in content or structure: Is your thesis statement clear and direct? Have you provided solid evidence? Is any component from the analysis missing?
When you make the necessary revisions, proofread and edit your analysis before submitting the final draft. (Refer to Proofreading and Editing Strategies to guide you at this stage).
Psychology is one of the major subjects studied by a large number of students in Australia as well as the whole world. A number of reputed colleges and universities offer degree courses in Psychology. The subject has huge value in the healthcare field since a big population in the urban areas suffer from a lot of psychological issues.
Thus, today a number of fresh students in Australia opt for Psychology major in reputed universities. These institutions assign their students with lot of Case Study Report in Psychology. Case study report in psychology deals with the mental status of any single individual. Students need to follow specific guidelines for writing these reports. In this blog we will discuss about some useful tips to write an ideal case study report in Psychology.
How To Write The Best Case Study Report In Psychology?
- Collect good background information: This makes the first section of your Psychology case study assignment paper. The section includes the person’s whole background like gender, age, family, health status, mental health history, social relationships, drug alcohol history, coping skills, weaknesses, goals and life difficulties.
- Problem description: This is the second session of your case study report. In this section, you need to describe the symptoms or issues that the client has. Here you need to describe any emotional, physical or sensory symptoms as reported by the individual. You also need to note the feelings, thoughts and perceptions that are related to those symptoms. If there are any diagnostic or screening assessments should also be described in detail in your report.
- The diagnosis done by you: In this section, you need to provide your diagnosis and give appropriate Statistical and Diagnostic Manual code. Here you also need to explain how you have reached your diagnosis and how the individual’s symptoms fir your diagnostic criteria for the mental disorders.
Intervention is the 2nd section of your case study report in Psychology. This section focuses on the intervention used to help the patient. Your faculties can ask you to choose from any theoretical approach to summarise multiple treatment methods. Some of these treatment procedures are as follows:
- Cognitive-Behavioural Approach: You need to apply the method of a cognitive-behavioural therapist to approach this kind of treatment. Here you need to offer the background information on the cognitive-behavioural therapy and also describe all the treatment sessions, treatment outcomes and client responses in this treatment method. In this session, you also need to make the note of the successes or difficulties encountered by the patient during the treatment procedure.
- The Humanistic Approach: In this section, you need to describe the humanistic approach, used to treat the individual like client-cantered therapy. Here you need to provide data and information on the treatment types chosen by you, the client reaction to that treatment and the final result. Finally, you also need to explain why the treatment approach was successful or unsuccessful.
What Are The Important Tips You Need To Follow In Writing The Case Study?
- Do not refer the individual in your Psychology case study paper as “client” or “patient”. Instead you can write the name of a person as pseudonym.
- Always use the APA format while citing the references
- Read the examples of the case studies in order to gain more idea about the format and style of writing.
- Always avoid plagiarism: This is the biggest mistake committed b the students. Never copy or paste any content from any source. Always write 100% original content in your case study papers.
- Do proper proofreading and editing: You always need to proofread your case study paper multiple times and edit it accordingly in order to make the paper a hundred per cent free of any kind of errors. A flawless paper can always draw you the best grades.
- Submit within the time frames: Always try to submit the case study papers within the fixed time frames or deadlines. This can be achieved by regular writing of the case studies on daily basis within the allotted time slot.
- Always discuss with your seniors: You always need to discuss with your seniors and other knowledgeable people while writing your case study report in Psychology. These people might include senior students, college faculties, psychiatrists, counsellors, professors, etc. Since Psychology is a very delicate and sensitive subject, you always need expert guidelines and supervision while writing the Psychology case study reports. They can provide you with the best idea on which treatment approach can be ideal for any individual.
- A perfect diagnosis should always be done by you to write an ideal Psychology case study report. If the diagnosis is a done well, then only you can take the best treatment method approach for your client. Thus, you always need to prepare yourself for this purpose.
- You always need to keep yourself updated with all the latest development in the field of diagnosis on local as well global basis.
- Carry out a lot of research and studies to write your Psychology case study report. You need to consult a number of Psychology books by famous authors from big libraries to get more ideas.
If you follow all the tips mentioned in this blog, you can always write an excellent Psychology case study report and get the highest grades in your university.
How To Avail The Services Of Casestudyhelp.com?
The Psychology case study report writing is not an easy task since it is a very touchy subject and needs a lot of study and patience. You might not get enough time and energy to complete all the Psychology case study assignments by yourself. In such conditions, you need the Psychology case studyassignment writing help service from the most popular and reputed casestudyhelp.com online organization.
We have a tram of highly experienced and qualified group of writers in the Psychology assignment paper writing field. They will provide you with the best writing and guidance for the assignments. You can easily register with us any time on our casestudyhelp.com official website.
Hello reader, If you want to watch video related “Tips To Write An Excellent Case Study Report in Psychology” Just watch:
Hi I am Frank, author of this blog. I am a highly experienced Psychology assignment paper writer of casestudyhelp.com and give you top quality service assurance from us.