10 Business Ethics Research Paper Topics To Explore
If you are writing a business ethics research paper, there are a few key areas that you can focus on to help you to get a good grade. Consider using some of these top ideas when you write.
BUSINESS ETHICS WRITING IDEAS
- For starters, consider writing about Sarbanes-Oxley, or SOX guidelines and ways that we can ensure that they work better for us. After the Bernie Madoff case, we want to ensure that there are no companies secretly stealing millions from the public again.
- Another key idea that you can choose to do your assignment on is Goldman Sachs. After the 2008 credit crisis and housing debacle, Goldman Sachs, which played a large role in a lot of mortgages that went bust, was not really penalized the way that they should have been. What's to stop them from doing it again?
- While we’re mentioning big corporations, as it relates to Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan, are big businesses and government too close? Should government employees be allowed to work with top corporations or will this sway potential vote in their direction for key legislature?
- You can also write about ethics as it relates to companies, in general. Are there better ways that we can ensure that people don't ‘cook the books’, so to speak, and to ensure that they are reputable in their business dealings.
- Next, focus on companies that might be destroying the environment. There are a lot of companies that work in China, which are contributing to the emissions problem as it relates to natural gas is in the environment. Should they be penalized? Should companies have to pay a fee if they don't use solar power and natural resources?
- Consider writing about ethics as it relates to society as a whole. As we have to ensure that we are socially responsible, should it be mandatory that any company has to help the environment in some capacity, as well as the surrounding neighborhoods and communities?
- What do you think about companies that only hire family members or only hiring people of a certain race or stature? Are we really hiring on a fair basis?
- Should laws be implemented to ensure that companies are diverse in their hiring practices, as well as ensuring that they hire those who are disabled?
- You could also write about companies that don't want to pay or don't want to raise the minimum wage. Should they be penalized?
- If a company is a large conglomerate like Walmart or Target and has their employees doing a lot of work should they be forced to offer higher salaries?
As you look at these various ideas, they are all related to various types of business ethics, corporations, and various companies. This can help to ensure that you are well on your way to finding the right idea for your assignment and closer to getting that top grade!
Eleven Exciting Term Paper Ideas In Business Ethics
The main area of study in business ethics is the code of conduct that guides employees and operations of any organization on daily basis. A term paper on business ethics will majorly revolve around how decisions made affect the common folk interacting with the organization.
The tussle on the ethical or non-ethical behavior by a company may touch on employees or customers enjoying the product. Most of the decisions under the business ethics spotlight are aimed at maximizing profit for the organization.
Unique Ethical Concerns Based On Each Industry
Each business environment has its ethical concerns. This means that the issues in finance are not similar to those in insurance, tours and travel, mining or sports. Each business model exposes participants to unique ethical concerns. The list of term paper ideas in business ethics given below is cross cutting. It contains concerns from different sectors and is therefore representative of different business models.
- Should companies pay their female employees to freeze their eggs?
- Should publishers sell documentaries, manifestos and biographies written by killers?
- Fast food companies should pay more taxes to go into obesity research.
- Is the business of producing firearms ethical in the light of the many civilian deaths?
- Are the low prices during buyout in a slowing economy justified?
- The ethics of public private partnerships
- Are different standards based on localized market or state requirements ethical?
- Is corporate social responsibility a way to cover exorbitant charges?
- Are huge profits during recessions justified?
- Should companies reporting huge profits go ahead to lay-off workers?
- Should workers with families be allowed more sick and leave days than single workers?
The best idea for a term paper on business ethics should reflect the following considerations:-
- Fresh - Do not study areas or ideas that have been studies over and over. A fresh approach is required if you wish to revisit an area that has been studied multiple times.
- Creative - though you will be dealing with facts, a bit of creativity is necessary. The idea is to present your points in an interesting and captivating way. This makes your work more compelling and will easily earn you more marks.
- Precise - select and reduced or manageable area of study. This will enable you to exhaustively express your opinion and give your facts within the confines of the number of pages required for your term paper in business ethics.
Write for us
Want to join our writing team and help English speaking students all over the world get better grades and improve their GPA? Feel free to get in touch with us.
Top educational resources
These websites will help you improve your writing skills.
Have found an amazing academic portal that can help students write or edit their papers? Perhaps a great online library or plagiarism-checker? Let us know.