Custodian resume sample
View this sample resume for a custodian, or download the custodian resume template in Word.
Does your resume need some cleaning and maintenance? To be considered for top custodian jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a custodian that Isaacs created below, or download the custodian resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for custodian jobs on Monster.
Custodian resume template
Sometown, MD 55555 | Home: (555) 555-5555 | Cell: (555) 555-5551
Email: email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Custodian | Janitor | Maintenance worker
Safety-conscious, loyal and hardworking school janitor with highly regarded custodial skills and a reputation for thoroughness in cleaning and maintaining buildings and grounds. Respected by administrators, faculty, staff and students—known for positive attitude and personable demeanor.
Work proficiencies include:
- Cleaning and maintaining floors (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, waxing, stripping, buffing and polishing)
- Scrubbing and sanitizing restroom facilities
- Removing snow and ice from walkways and parking lots
- Handling light facility repairs
- Keeping janitor room and closets clean and organized
ABC SCHOOL DISTRICT | Custodian, 2014 to Present
Provide cleaning, upkeep and facility maintenance of grounds and buildings on 3-acre campus. Partner with janitorial crew to clean classrooms, offices, restrooms, cafeteria, auditorium, gymnasium and library.
- Helped develop cleaning checklist that elevated the consistency of custodial activities throughout the school.
- Ensured accurate inventory and timely restocking of janitorial closet. Implemented computerized forms that improved communication with district office to prevent delays and stock-outs on needed supplies.
- Managed setup and teardown for events such as open houses, commencements, award ceremonies, assemblies, parent-teacher conferences, sporting competitions, concerts and plays.
- Spearheaded green recycling program in partnership with local nonprofit organization that has raised $5,000+ from recycling paper, cans and printer cartridges.
- Kept facilities and grounds safe and in compliance with state, county and city codes.
- Named “Employee of the Month” in June 2017 and earned high marks on performance reviews for work ethic, attention to detail and commitment to the school community.
DEF CHURCH | Custodian and Groundskeeper, 2010 to 2014
Coordinated with facility manager to clean building and grounds for church with approximately 450 members.
- Maintained cleanliness of sanctuary, offices, meeting rooms, kitchen, restrooms and gathering hall.
- Assisted with seasonal painting projects and loading/unloading of donated food, clothing and other goods.
XYZ SCHOOL | High School Diploma
Clean Drug Screen & Background Check | Available for All Shifts
Custodial Supervisor Resume Objective
A custodial supervisor ensures that a given company or building stays clean and up to code. While this does include some lower level labor, the chief duty required is overseeing other janitorial staff. Custodial supervisors can find work in school systems, corporate environments or independent enterprises. A quality resume objective is concise, confident and convinces the hiring manager to continue reading your resume.
What the Custodial Supervisor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Custodial supervisors need a high school level education or a trade school course of equivalent value or training. Because it is a higher level position, you will generally need a few years of experience either in lower custodial positions or as a manager. Any knowledge of electrical, mechanical or plumbing systems will be highly valued and make you a more competitive candidate. However, a basic knowledge of these systems, such as being able to change a light, can also be sufficient.
Sample Custodial Supervisor Resume Objectives
When writing a resume objective for a Custodial Supervisor position, name the company you are applying to. This gives the impression that you genuinely want to work for the enterprise. Also, highlight all relevant experience and skills to make yourself a more competitive candidate for the position.
1. Custodial professional with 15+ years of janitorial experience seeks to advance career with a Custodial Supervisor position with XYZ Company that will enable use of electrical, managerial and organizational skills.
2. Looking for a Custodial Supervisor position with XYZ Company that will make use of janitorial experience and knowledge of plumbing and electrical maintenance.
3. Seeking challenging Custodial Supervisor position with XYZ Company to utilize cleaning and maintenance experience as well as managerial capabilities.
4. Searching for a Custodial Supervisor position with XYZ Company to make use of physical dexterity, mechanical systems knowledge and janitorial experience.
5. Dedicated and punctual individual seeks a Custodial Supervisor position with XYZ Company to use and expand managerial, maintenance and janitorial skill set.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.